Send us your Datil Pepper recipes on Facebook to have it added to the list!
Datil Pepper Cherry Glaze for Fish or Meat
- 2 cups cherries,pitted and stemmed (or 2 cups of frozen pitted cherries, thawed)
- 3/4 cup of Old St. Augustine Fountain of Youth Datil Pepper Marinade
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Dash of Old St Augustine Datil Zest Seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a medium boiler and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cherries are soft and liquid is reduced to half, stirring frequently
Glaze is wonderful served over smoked or grilled fish such as Salmon or Tuna. Also wonderful as a glaze on pork or beef.
- 2 cups fresh seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh red onion, diced
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- Snake Bite Hot Sauce to taste (I like it extra spicy so I use about 3 tbsp.)
Finely dice watermelon and onion, mince cilantro, and put all in bowl. Squeeze fresh lemon and add Snake Bite Hot Sauce. Serve with warm tortilla chips or on top of fresh seafood (like pan-seared red snapper).
Sweet Heat Barbecued Brisket
- 1 (5 or 6 pound) beef brisket (flat cut), trimmed
- OSA Datil Zest
- OSA Fountain of Youth Datil Marinade
- OSA Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce
Place brisket in Dutch oven; sprinkle with Datil Marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, sprinkle with more Datil Marinade and Datil Zest. Cover pot, then cook at 250° for 4 % hours. Uncover and pour Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce, then cook uncovered for another hour. Remove to platter and let cool before slicing. Serve with a side of Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce.
Mac & Cheese BBQ Squares
- Use this awesome Mac & Cheese recipe from AllRecipes.com
- Substitue our Datil Zest spice blend for the 3/4 tsp. salt
- Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce
Bake Mac & Cheese according to recipe from AllRecipes.com. Cool, cut in squares, slather in Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce. Put them in a smoker for 50 minutest at 250° F. Serve warm.